Colonel Dainius Guzas
Air Force Commander
Lithuanian Air Force
This opening panel will invite regional Commanders to address the parameters of future air operations in the European sphere. As conventional military power is increasingly supplemented with hybrid approaches – which include the offensive use of cyber – military leaders have a responsibility to update their concept of operations for air assets and the joint force.
Topics of discussion to include:
- How will NATO ensure readiness to meet the Russian threat in Europe?
- Adapting to face a multi-domain environment – leveraging cyber and information warfare as a core component of operations
- How should air and non-air capabilities be adapted to cope with a contested environment?
- How can air power better support a whole force approach to deterrence
- Balancing the development of combat air capability with the provision of an effective training infrastructure
- What are the opportunities for outsourcing training to commercial partners to improve pilot readiness?
- Does the likely character of future European air operations require a fundamentally different approach to training?
- Training together with regional partners; enhancing interoperability